Sunday, May 25, 2008

When in Rome...

No, I didn't elope off to Italy, or anywhere for that matter. But I am in Washington and it is a doozie. Probably the most Washingtonian thing I've done is listen to Nirvana's "Heart Shape Box" while driving through the streets of Tacoma (south of Seattle) looking for the DMV. Which was closed that day, go figure. Work starts not this week but NEXT week, and as to what that will entail, I have no clue. So yeah, Washington. It rains here. and I have to pay 1.75 to get across a bridge everyday that I drive. Darn Hippies and their bridges and their taxes. I've taken up residency with the Rawlings, where a mission friend of mine lives with his folks and whose older brother is my employer-to-be. To keep myself occupied when I'm home alone during the day, I've been blistering my fingers away on Rock Band for the PS3. It's like Guitar Hero but with karaoke, bass and drum options as well. Very fun.


So I guess BlueRay has been all but officially declared the winner of High Def Media. Darn. I was really rooting against Sony on that one. But unlike the VHS/BETA battles of the late 80s, today's consumer is far more tech savvy and demanding (and willing) for higher quality entertainment.

I heard Indiana was "OK", I'll probably see it tomorrow or something.

We play racquetball almost everyday and I've decided I definitely sweat more in this humid coastal environment than in Utah

I also decided that the 1.5 people who are likely to read this should be aware of the above information. and that you should be grateful for it as well.

So yeah, unless you have babies this is the kind of thing you blog about, I guess. Summer Blockbusters, indoor sports, and perspiration.

The End.

2 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

Grayson, We enjoyed the blog. You've seen how we live...you talking about your recent adventures would be exciting to us any day! We saw Indiana Jones on Saturday, Justin enjoyed it, but thought the ending was a little strange..hope you enjoy! Take care.

Susan said...

HEy! What the heck?? I guess we haven't spoken to you in a while. We need to give you a call cause we had no idea you were in washington already!!!!!