Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankfulness

It dawned on me as I sat at a dirty booth at my neighborhood Beto's this brisk November morning, that I have quite a lot to be thankful for this holiday season. And most of them are related, ironically enough, to that very special proprietorship I was visiting, known the region-over as Beto's.
Their breakfast burritos put all others to shame, inasmuch that I declare that we no longer classify them burritos, but
jurritos instead - thus retaining their distinction of tortilla rolled amazement of human ingenuity, but also acknowledging that they are in fact massive, dare I say, Jumbo in proportion to their smaller, more feeble cousins that plague convenience stores and other such eateries. But the marvelous work and wonder does not end there my friends; oh no. It lives on in their beverages, their condiments, and their service. Today I discovered their latest contribution to an awe inspired world. Guacamole. Your perplexity will be short lived, I assure you ~ allow me to explain. As a percentage of you know, their is a little place (built on drug trafficking monies) call Mamacita's in central Texas. Now at Mamacitias, they serve a very special chip dip that most pass of as mere "green sauce" when in actuality it is Tomatillo salsa. Nowhere else have I tasted that subtle yet superfluously bold taste of sweet mild goodness. UNTIL today where I specifically asked if tomatillos were used to enhance the already glorious guacamole. You can imagine how happy I was when told that my suspicions where in fact DEAD ON!
Yes friends, Thanksgiving is a time to remember the most important things in life, perhaps more so in this time of turmoil and uncertainty. But no matter what the future may hold for each of us, we can take comfort in knowing that out there in this big blue world are copious mounds of delicious mexican-style jurritos available day or night, 24/7, come hell or high water, just waiting for someone to love them. May we all live to be such a jurrito loving people is my prayer; Amen.

P.S.
Also, guns. I'm thankful for guns.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Grayson... I stumbled on your blog, and have been reading it (that's not creepy, right?? I know you! ) and I must say, you need to write a book. FOR REAL. :)

That's all I have to say about that. And Beto's is pretty dang good. It's my favorite part about Provo.

Jessica Madsen said...

Grayson, Beto's is grose. You obviously have not had my cooking lately. It seems like we are in need of a visit from you, pal. Let us show you what to REALLY be grateful for.